Per Dr. Weil a healthy diet can help the body in its efforts to heal itself, and in some cases particular foods can help protect against the development of serious illness. To help reduce your risk of some types of cancer, try the following dietary steps:
1. Avoid polyunsaturated vegetable oils, margarine, vegetable shortening, all partially hydrogenated oils, and all foods that might contain trans-fatty acids (such as deep-fried foods).
2. Increase omega-3 fatty acids by eating more cold water oily fish, freshly ground flaxseeds, and walnuts.
3. Reduce consumption of animal foods and try to replace them with vegetable proteins such as whole soy products.
4. Use hormone-free, organically produced products whenever possible.
5. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
6. Eat shiitake, enokitake, maitake, and oyster mushrooms frequently.
7. Drink green tea daily.
This may seem like a lot of things to keep track of but to simplify your life you can take Vemma and that will give you your daily dose of Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants, Organic Aloe Vera and as recommended by Dr. Weil, Green Tea and in Vemma it is Organic Green Tea even better. For more information go here.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Saturday, April 10, 2010
The Vemma Clinical Trials were conducted by one of the industry's most widely-recognized experts in Independent Clinical Testing, Brunswick Laboratories in Norton, MA. The intention of these studies was to evaluate the efficacy and overall bioavailability of a mangosteen product containing multivitamins, essential minerals and antioxidants (Vemma) on immune function and well-being in adults. This was done by subjecting the product to the gold standard of clinical research, the independent double-blind, placebo controlled study that follows a specific set of procedures to ensure that the results are dependable and free from bias. The studies confirmed Vemma showed significant improvements in immune markers, superior antioxidant absorption and a lowering of C-reactive protein (CRP), which points to its beneficial effects on overall health and wellness.
To order Vemma go to http://www.drinksupplements.com/
Friday, April 9, 2010
Effect of Mangosteen Dietary Supplement on Human Immune Function: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial
The purpose of the first independent randomized, double blind placebo study evaluated how Vemma enhanced immune function and well-being in humans. Participants were randomly divided into two groups and received 2 ounces of Vemma or placebo each morning for 30 days. After the 30-day evaluation, the study showed favorable results in immune markers and a lowering of C-reactive protein (CRP) while taking Vemma.